OPEN CALL AUDITIONS FOR THE 2019/2020
If you are unable to attend the audition, please email your headshot and resume to email@example.com along with a request to submit a video audition. Please make note of your union status when submitting.
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS
Seeking Equity and non-Equity actors for the following 2019/20 theatre season plays:
Next to Normal
All roles are available. Performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, ages, as well as performers with disabilities are encouraged to attend every audition. If you are unable to attend the audition, please email your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a request to submit a video audition. Please make note of your union status when submitting.
NEXT TO NORMAL
Music and Lyrics by Brian Yorkey and Tom Kitt
ABOUT THE PLAY
This soulful rock musical explores the American family and the underbelly of suburban life. Dianna, a stay-at-home mom has lived in and out of reality for the past seventeen years. She and her loving, yet frayed family, navigate their daily lives, struggling to function in society as her mental illness spirals out of control. Brimming with humor and wit, this provocative and electrifying musical examines the trauma of mental illness, and the meaning of putting family first.
NEXT TO NORMAL: Auditions
Saturday, Sept. 7
1pm to 4pm
* Open call for AEA and non-AEA actors who sing and act very well. Arrive early to be added to the audition list. Bring two copies of your headshots and resume. Bring music in your key. Singing selections from the musical is acceptable. There will be no movement or dancing at this audition. Be prepared to stay the entire length of the audition time. There will not be an AEA monitor. EPA or ECC rules will not be in effect at this audition.
NEXT TO NORMAL: Callbacks
Sunday, Sept. 8
3pm to 8pm
* Invite only. Select actors will be asked to be familiar with and sing selections from the show. There may be a movement call at this audition. Be prepared to stay the entire time.
Rehearsals: March 30-May 8, 2020
* Evening rehearsals run from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM
* Sat from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Sun from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Performances: May 7 – May 31, 2020
* Evening performances on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays at 7:30 PM
* Matinee performances on Saturdays at 2:00 PM and Sundays at 3:00 PM
* Special Matinee performances on Thursdays at 11:00 AM
Diana (Female, 30s-40s, all ethnicities) - Sexy. Sharp. Delusional bipolar depressive.
Gabe (Male, 16-25, all ethnicities) - Diana’s son. Almost eighteen. Dashing. Gentle. Bright. Playful. Everything a mother, etc.
Dan (Male, 30s-40s, all ethnicities) - Diana’s husband. Thirties or forties. Handsome. Genuine. Constant. Tired.
Natalie (Female, 16-25, all ethnicities) - Diana’s daughter. Sixteen and trying to be perfect. It's not going well.
Henry (Male, 16-25, all ethnicities) - Seventeen. Musician, romantic, stoner, slacker, philosopher king.
Doctor Madden (Male, 30s-50s, all ethnicities) - On the young side of ageless. Assured. A rock star.
Voices, and Anesthesiologist, Nurses, Doctors, and others, all played by the company.
** There will be one AEA Contract available for this production.
All actors receive compensation for their work in our productions.
Equity members appear under a GA Tier 2 contract. Non-Equity actors receive a modest stipend.
STAGE MANAGERS are also invited to send up-to-date resumes to email@example.com. Please make note of your union status when submitting.
Phone calls will not be accepte